With just a week to go until the bowl game, the buffet gets a little Sparty.
- Vince Dooley would consider this news a lot bigger than some: MSU suspends its long snapper for the Outback Bowl.
- Can someone explain to me why Chris Petersen would be interested in the Penn State job?
- LSU’s fullback questions the manhood of Auburn’s defensive players. (Actually, he doesn’t question it; he comes right out about it.)
- If I’m a coach thinking of taking a job with Illinois, I’m reading my contract very carefully.
- One more reason the 2012 SEC schedules haven’t appeared yet: But we were told by one SEC employee last week that “it may be necessary to break up one pair of rivals for 2012 only.”
- You wonder about an Outback Bowl letdown when you read stuff like this: “The Spartans spelled out their goals entering this season with the four-letter acronym “P4RB” – play for the Rose Bowl by winning a second straight Big Ten title.”
- This is sort of the interception analogue to the famous Tyrone Prothro TD catch off the defender’s back, except goofier looking.
- Sad, but true: Charlie Weis gets commitments from two quarterbacks who lost their starting spots at other schools and it’s hailed as a major step up for the quarterbacking situation at Kansas. Too bad he can’t fix the defense like that.
- Here’s a look at Mark Dantonio’s track record at Michigan State.
- “It doesn’t get more American than whiskey.”