NCAA locks barn door after discovering that horse has escaped into the next county.
Daily Archives: January 12, 2012
Here we go.
- Boise State
- Oklahoma State
- Southern Cal
- Weirdly enough, the only change I could bring myself to make after bowl season was to give Alabama the tiebreaker.
- Tough call for the last spot between Wisconsin and South Carolina, but I just think the Badgers would win that head-to-head match up.
- It’s amazing to see how much the computers like three-loss Oklahoma.
- I wonder how different everyone’s final rankings would look if Boise State had made that field goal in the TCU game.
- Also getting consideration: Michigan State and TCU.
It’s not like we’re unaware of the questionable decision making at Maryland of late – passing on Mike Leach to hire Randy Edsall to replace Ralph Friedgen, watching the program decline precipitously in Edsall’s first year and hiring the baggage-encumbered, über recruiter Mike Locksley as the new offensive coordinator.
Given what Locksley brings to the table, I guess a sort of “in for a penny, in for a pound” approach shouldn’t be overly surprising, but this sure seems like a dumb thing to do anyway:
New Maryland offensive coordinator Mike Locksley will receive $500,000 in guaranteed compensation annually and be eligible for bonuses based on the Terrapins’ recruiting rankings…
Locksley will receive $25,000 if Maryland is in the top 40 of the Rivals.com or Scout.com rankings on signing day. He also will receive $20,000 if the Terps rank among the top four teams in the ACC on signing day…
At least they left Tom Lemming off the list.