Another day, another buffet.
- Nothing like having to defend the SEC Freshman of the Year to your own fan base. Mark Richt is a patient man, bless his heart.
- If you’re looking for the conventional wisdom on Georgia Tech’s 2012 season, here ’tis.
- SEC coaches look at Missouri’s offense and shrug… a little. (I’m looking forward to seeing how their defenses handle it.)
- Another reason why I love the NCAA: “Another task force has recommended firming up the scheduling window for major college football’s bowl season, setting a calendar through the 2019 season in which the first game would be no earlier than Dec. 15 and the last game no later than Jan. 13.” January 13th? Way to put your foot down there, fellas.
- The first snarky response to this header is “because it doesn’t have to”. The second one is “it doesn’t go north or east, either”. Seriously, though, read it, because it’s probably a good model for where McGarity intends to go with scheduling at Georgia.
- Clark Howard: “High-definition, flat-screen TVs are driving down the price of tickets to live sports events in an unexpected way.”
- Mark Richt sees the NFL draft as more of a time to celebrate than as an evaluation of the talent on his roster.