Here are a few tasty tidbits to nibble on:
- Stewart Mandel argues that the canning of the Big East commissioner is proof that school presidents have too much say… over a guy they hire. No, I’m not kidding.
- I don’t care which side of the playoff debate you fall, this piece by Bill Connelly about college football’s historical tap dance with a playoff is a must read.
- Welcome to the SEC, Missouri and TAMU fans.
- Speaking of fans, I’m always a sucker for posts categorizing a school’s fan base. Here’s one from Shakin the Southland.
- For those of you who think Georgia may go into the 2012 season with the best depth at running back in the SEC, Paul Myerberg makes a case for Texas A&M’s depth.
- If you want to know what the conference commissioners who are opposed to a conference champs-only playoff format are arguing, Tony Barnhart’s “memo” is there for you.
- Jarvis Jones has made the Lott Trophy watch list.
- One more way that SOD is special: “At a meeting of the University of Tennessee Athletics Board on the morning of the Vols’ spring game, it was announced that season ticket sales were down for the third straight year…”