I think I smell fresh seafood from Destin.
- To no one’s surprise, all the SEC coaches came out yesterday in favor of a four-team national playoff to consist of the four highest-ranked teams.
- Joe at Coaches Hot Seat Blog doesn’t think much of the SEC’s likely decision to stick with eight-game conference schedules.
- Evidently the ADs are going to discuss Spurrier’s division only proposal.
- Kevin Scarbinsky taunts LSU a second time.
- Mike Slive won’t take Tony Barnhart’s bait on whether there’s a possible compromise on the makeup of a four-team playoff.
- Gene Chizik wants the Georgia-Auburn game to stay on the schedule: “It’s the longest standing rivalry in the south and there’s too much value in it.”
- Somebody actually ran an analysis of how much FSU’s travel budget would increase with a move to the Big 12.
- Missouri’s AD compares the collective mind sets of the Big 12 and the SEC. Reading between the lines, the difference is Texas.
- First time I’ve heard this one: Kevin Sumlin thinks the SEC’s bigger defenders make the spread offense harder to run. Interesting.