A tidbit here, a nugget there… and pretty soon it adds up to a post.
- Auburn’s Emory Blake will have his fourth different opening-day quarterback throwing to him when the Tigers begin this season.
- It’s good to see that faculty were as detached from reality in 1951 as they are today.
- The Orlando Sentinel picks the Georgia-South Carolina game as one of ten that could change the BCS. (It looks like I’m going to have to mothball my favorite GTP post permanently.)
- The California State Assembly is on the verge of passing a college athlete’s bill of rights.
- I know he occupies more than one position there, but, still, Vanderbilt’s AD makes a surprising amount of money.
- Bruce Feldman notes that Ole Miss’ new coaching staff is almost entirely made up of coaches from Orgeron’s Rebels staff. Wonder what the Red Bull consumption is like.
- LSU is handing out raises to coaches like candy. One example: “Recruiting coordinator/running backs coach Frank Wilson is up for a $225,000 raise to $550,000 a year. That will go up to $600,000 a year in 2013 and $650,000 a year in 2014, according to the proposal.” Whoa, Nellie.