Today’s buffet tries to show more staying power than Vince Dooley thinks Isaiah Crowell had.
- One thing about Missouri’s defensive line to keep in the back of your head: “The average weight of the projected starters heading into fall camp is 262 pounds.”
- Mark Emmert’s no amateur, that’s for sure.
- Michael Elkon wonders why ESPN can’t take the same approach to broadcasting college football as it does with Euro soccer. He’s got a point – it’s a long way down from Ian Darke to Jesse Palmer – but it could be worse. Just ask Fox Sports.
- Karl Benson is one wild and crazy commissioner.
- cocknfire presents a well-reasoned argument on why a four-team playoff is just the right size and all I could think of as I read it was this.
- Welcome back, Brandon Burrows.
- And The Valley Shook posts an instruction manual for our new SEC brethren. My favorite bit of advice: “DO develop a hatred of the color orange. A&M already has a leg up in this area, so to help Mizzou out, we are sending 20,000 Tennessee fans to your campus. You’re welcome.”
- Evidently Georgia’s backup quarterbacks can kick every other SEC program’s backup quarterbacks’ asses. ESPN’s bloggers rank Aaron Murray as the second-best quarterback in the conference, but have Georgia’s quarterback group as tops in the SEC.
- Patrick Garbin offers us 20+ minutes of Munson’s classic broadcast of the ’75 Cocktail Party.