Just a few things that popped into my brain this morning:
- First off, kudos to CBS for passing on Florida-Tennessee to show Alabama-Arkansas. At least Verne will have plenty to talk about after ‘Bama opens up a four-TD lead.
- I notice that the line has moved in UT’s favor after opening as a pick ’em. Why, exactly? Is it that the Gators struggled in the first half at College Station? Is it the injury to Jenkins?
- The big news from that link is that Gillislee is expected to play. So far, he’s accounted for more than a third of Florida’s offense.
- Serious question: what decent defense has Tyler Bray picked apart as a starter? Here are his game logs from 2010, 2011 and this year. Take your time. Florida’s defensive passer rating through two games is 99.75.
- While I’m on the subject of defense, anybody notice how NC State fared against UConn last weekend? 150 less total yards gained than against the Vols and less than half the rushing yardage.
I’m not predicting a winner here. But it’s worth noting that the team with the edge in rushing yardage has won 20 of the last 22 games in this series. If Gillislee is good to go, how likely is it that Tennessee will outrush Florida?