A few tempting morsels set out in the buffet line for you this morning:
- We all know the hundred-dollar handshake has long been a part of doing bidness, but you don’t often hear of it spoken about publicly.
- Steve Spurrier goes for his 200th collegiate coaching win this Saturday. As he’s 45-0 against non-BCS opponents, he won’t break a sweat getting it.
- “I hope you budgeted extra money for defending (NCAA) violations.” You get one guess whom that quote is about.
- Uncle Verne offers a few thoughts about the early SEC season here.
- For some inexplicable reason, Jeff Long thinks a “Red Out” for Arkansas’ game against Alabama is a good idea. Go figure.
- Bruce Feldman’s ten most surprising stats of the early season has some good information. The UCLA numbers are eye-popping.
- Georgia-Missouri was a big hit, TV-wise.
- This is non-football related and definitely NSFW, but it’s the funniest thing I’ve come across on the intertubes in the last week.