You may recall a recurring feature here at GTP, the Dawg Stat Watch. It’s a series of metrics I track throughout the season until it’s clear that Georgia isn’t heading to Atlanta. What all these stats have in common is that they’re standards the Dawgs have met in every season under Richt that led to an appearance in the SECCG. So I’m starting the tracking this week.
- Hold opponents under 18 points per game. As a team, Georgia is yielding 21 ppg.
- Finish at least +8 in turnover margin. Georgia’s turnover margin is -1.
- Average better than 380 yards per game on offense. Georgia’s offense is averaging 517.7 ypg.
- Finish in the top five in total defensive yardage. Georgia’s defense ranks eighth in total defense.
- Finish in the top three in first downs. Georgia is sixth in first downs.
- Finish no worse than third in passing yardage. Georgia is third in passing yardage.
- Finish no worse than third in sacks. Georgia is tenth in sacks.
Two out of seven is nothing to write home about, but it’s certainly early. We’ll see how things progress.