Okay, it’s time for our weekly look at how Georgia is shaping up with certain statistical measures that have in common one thing – they were all met or exceeded in every year the Dawgs have won the SEC East under Richt. Here’s how things look after Vanderbilt (all stats via cfbstats.com):
- Hold opponents under 18 points per game. As a team, Georgia is yielding 16.5 ppg.
- Finish at least +8 in turnover margin. Georgia’s turnover margin is 0.
- Average better than 380 yards per game on offense. Georgia’s offense is averaging 530 ypg.
- Finish in the top five in total defensive yardage. Georgia’s defense ranks eighth in total defense.
- Finish in the top three in first downs. Georgia is fourth in first downs.
- Finish no worse than third in passing yardage. Georgia is third in passing yardage.
- Finish no worse than third in sacks. Georgia is eighth in sacks.
Last week, the Dawgs only met two of the metrics. This week, it’s three, but there’s positive momentum in several other statistical categories. It will be interesting to watch how much impact the returns of Ogletree and Rambo have on some of those numbers over the next few weeks.