Just because I’m fasting today doesn’t mean you guys have to.
- If Barbara Dooley got mad last year because Christian Robinson had the nerve to let his helmet get in the way of Tyler Bray’s thumb, does that mean she won’t talk to her son if a Georgia player is injured this Saturday?
- I second Brian Cook’s emotion, especially if Gene Smith isn’t going to get off his ass and reinstate the Georgia-Ohio State deal.
- The first title game under the new format is scheduled for January 12, 2015. That will be the latest date for a championship game in college football history.
- Washington’s head coach explains what makes Stanford different.
- Roy Kramer warns college football against expanding the size of the playoff field beyond four schools. Yeah, like they’re gonna listen.
- Michael Felder breaks down the Georgia-Tennessee game. (He likes Georgia’s chances.)
- Stewart Mandel has a good story about Taylor Heinicke, the Georgia kid who just set an NCAA passing record at Old Dominion.
- Does Georgia lead the nation in trivial secondary violations? At least nobody was caught butt dialing.
- Rocky Top Talk gives us a statistical projection of Saturday’s game. One big caveat: “… don’t forget that the lineup’s now going to include for the first time in 2012 Bacarri Rambo and Alec Ogletree.”