This was a week that enforced ongoing trends and not one that upset the general wisdom coming in. At least that’s what I got out of it. The gap between the top and bottom of the league gets bigger as we go along.
- Alabama. Tell me something, Tide fans: does week after week excellence get boring?
- Florida. Living proof that you don’t need a passing game to be a national title contender.
- LSU. Living proof that you don’t need a quarterback to be a national title contender.
- South Carolina. When’s the last time a team fell so far so fast?
- Georgia. When’s the last time a team did so little to earn a fresh start at all its goals?
- Mississippi State. That 7-0 start was fun while it lasted.
- Texas A&M. Live by the hot-shot rookie quarterback, die by the hot-shot rookie quarterback.
- Arkansas. That I wanted to rank them lower but couldn’t should tell you all you need to know about the bottom half of the conference.
- Vanderbilt. Still has a bowl pulse, but it’s going to be a close call.
- Ole Miss. Sure, why not here?
- Missouri. You keep thinking the Tigers aren’t as bad as they look, but maybe they are.
- Tennessee. One more week, and then comes the Vols’ favorite month.
- Auburn. Trooper Taylor hasn’t had much to chest bump about this season.
- Kentucky. The ‘Cats bring their A game playing at home against a Georgia team that brings its C-minus game and still lose.
10 responses to “My SEC Power Poll ballot, Week 8”
I know Miss St’s schedule hasn’t been that tough, but honestly with what UGA put on the field the past 2 weeks, I would take the Bizzaro Dogs straight up.
You know whose schedule hasn’t been that tough? Alabama’s. Granted, they’ve pancaked everyone they’ve played and it looks as though they might be one of the best ever…but it has been since Michigan that they’ve played a good team (and the jury’s well out on them).
Bray is also the first real QB they’ve faced; Wilson and Franklin both were out for their games earlier in the year vs Bama
Week-to-week Excellence and getting a laugh at the expense of your biggest rival on a week-to-week basis. Bama fans must be unbearable in that state right now. Glad I’m in the heart of Dawg country.
Life is good right now. Bama is playing well; Auburn can’t buy a win. However,these moments are fleeting. We, as Bama fans, must enjoy them while we can, because they will not last long.
Good luck this week. I would say that this game is probably the most important game in Richt’s career. Win this game, the fan base will be in the ATL in December; lose this game, the fan base starts wondering whether he can get this team over the hump.
Wise observation Objective, As The World Turns allows the sun to shine on different dawgs’ back periodically. Enjoy these times indeed. It wasn’t long ago things were rosy here and cloudy in your neck of the woods. Then there was the “flash” of sunshine Aburn had/bought. BTW, I have already locked in my Miss St +27 1/2. I was pretty surprised at the size of that spread despite my aappreciation for your team’s efforts this year.
I like MSU. I think they are better than most people think. Do not think they are as high in the polls as they will go. Mullen is the coach I would like to see in Athens. If he had Georgia’s money, facilities, and recruiting base…the Dawgs would be a top 5 easily.
Do agree with the Bama, Florida, and LSU. Do you ever wonder what it would be like to be a suppporter and a fan of those teams. At UGA we like to like from the outside, and wonder what could be. That is what UGA is all about in every facet including the Administration. Fortunately, that is on a short time span. UGA is a university that needs a lot of shake up and changes.
I had heard that Mullen was a favorite of McGarity. If so, why is he waiting.
Being a Dawg in Alabama, I have to admit that the Bammers have simmered down a little over the past few years. When they first started winning again around ’09, they were a miserable bunch to be around. But, lately they aren’t as brash or arrogant as they once were. They do, however, still give Auburn fans a truckload of crap for sucking….
Reading r/CFB on Reddit, you see tons of ‘Bama fans complaining all the time about giving up garbage time TDs, their defense “not playing well enough”, or complaining that games “are boring.”
Well, blow me.
“When was the last time a team did so little to earn a fresh start at all its goals?” Answer: 2011–University of Alabama.