It’s a good thing this is a power poll and not a pure resume ranking deal, because we’ve got the mother of all tail-chasing deals going on in the 2-5 slots after Georgia took out Florida.
Not that Nick Saban has time for any of that shit, of course.
- Alabama. Does anybody outside of Baton Rouge really believe that the Tide is going to lose this Saturday? And even those folks are hoping more than believing.
- LSU. The Tigers get the bye week bounce.
- Georgia. If Jarvis Jones were an SEC team, I’d probably rank him second.
- Florida. When the Gators can’t run the football, they’re in trouble.
- South Carolina. Georgia made sure the ‘Cocks weren’t mathematically eliminated from the SEC East race, but that’s small consolation for the OBC right now.
- Texas A&M. The Aggies belong more in the SEC than Auburn does.
- Mississippi State. Welcome to the real world, gentlemen.
- Ole Miss. That Hugh Freeze has this bunch on the cusp of bowl eligibility borders on the miraculous.
- Vanderbilt. Beat a cupcake to stay in the bowl hunt.
- Missouri. Everybody beats Kentucky, but still, a conference win’s a win.
- Tennessee. Four straight ranked teams, four straight losses.
- Arkansas. So much for momentum.
- Auburn. I’d call ’em a dumpster fire, but that would be unkind to dumpster fires everywhere.
- Kentucky. How bad are you when you can’t even beat out this year’s Auburn team for thirteenth in the conference?