Another week closer to Atlanta, let’s see how this year’s crew continues to shape up in comparison with its predecessors who played in the SECCG (stats, as always, via cfbstats.com):
- Hold opponents under 18 points per game. As a team, Georgia is yielding 20.9 ppg.
- Finish at least +8 in turnover margin. Georgia’s turnover margin is +4.
- Average better than 380 yards per game on offense. Georgia’s offense is averaging 468.2 ypg.
- Finish in the top five in total defensive yardage. Georgia’s defense ranks seventh in total defense.
- Finish in the top three in first downs. Georgia is fourth in first downs.
- Finish no worse than third in passing yardage. Georgia is fourth in passing yardage.
- Finish no worse than third in sacks. Georgia is seventh in sacks.
Ole Miss was definitely chicken soup for the Bulldog soul, as Georgia improved its standing in every statistical category listed above except for passing yardage. Auburn is thirteenth in the conference in both total offense and total defense, so hopefully there’s more of that coming this week.