A few random observations about last night’s Chick-fil-A Bowl:
- Um, with Georgia’s September 2013 schedule in mind, let me just say that I saw a number of third-year players on both teams who looked NFL-ready. Don’t be afraid to climb those golden stairs now, fellas!
- There’s no way Georgia’s defense will hold up in the September heat letting Clemson run 100 offensive plays.
- Which means Georgia’s offense had better avoid eight three-and-out possessions.
- After watching Southern Cal’s complete lack of interest in playing its bowl game, it was a pleasure to see two top-fifteen schools giving it their all for sixty minutes.
- Once again, the SEC’s fifth-best plays the ACC’s second-best no worse than evenly. Sounds about right.
- Zach Mettenberger, 5.2 yards per pass attempt; Jeremy Hill, 10.3 yards per carry. It just goes to show that you’re never out of it late in a tight game with Les Miles.