You might as well fill up… we’ve got almost five months before we get some live football again.
- John Adams on the current state of Tennessee football: “An offense seemingly bereft of playmakers struggled. While the defense looked both faster and more physical than last season’s bunch, that’s not necessarily a glowing recommendation in that the 2012 defense was the worst in school history.” Ouch.
- Phil Steele predicts the SEC will place five teams in the AP’s preseason top ten, six in the top twelve.
- Anybody remember Josh Jarboe?
- Seth Emerson reviews the unresolved questions coming out of Georgia’s spring. Let’s just say they pale in comparison to UT’s issues.
- And David Paschall looks at what’s up in the air with the Dawg offensive line.
- Grantham sounded satisfied that the Red team’s second G-Day try at a two-minute drill ended less successfully than did the first try. (Of course, some of that can be chalked up to Murray quarterbacking the first one and LeMay handling the second one.)
- “James DeLoach is a guy that, when you’re talking about newcomers, has done a nice job…”
- Rivals buys into the “de-commitment is a problem” meme, blames it on great recruiters who confuse the recruits. Just wonderin’ – how much less product would Rivals have to sell if some kids didn’t de-commit?
- If you’re interested, here’s a virtual look at the new College Football Hall of Fame, currently under construction.