- Year2’s summary of the contenders in the SEC East – Florida’s offense has to stay out of its own way for the Gators to have a chance; South Carolina’s depth is questionable, especially on defense; Georgia’s offense has to play well enough to overcome questions about the significant turnover on a defense coming off a disappointing season – is good as far as it goes. But I wonder why nobody talks about special teams.
- Scot Loeffler says he was a bad coach last year because he was stuck with lousy players. Nice.
- One reason this year might be the year of the quarterback in the SEC? If Georgia’s got the fifth-best secondary in the conference, it definitely isn’t the year of the defensive back.
- NFL referees laugh at your quaint college notions of pace, Coach Kelly.
- Northwestern head coach Pat Fitzgerald proposes an interesting tweak for the new targeting rules.
- Here’s the list of when SEC schools start preseason practice.
- Georgia is third on this list of the five most overrated football programs of the last five seasons.
- Georgia Tech’s non-conference scheduling is a real profile in Jello.
- Big Ten inferiority complex.
- If the preseason happy talking is getting to you, Groo provides a Munson-esque antidote here.