Okay, I didn’t draw names from a hat randomly. But I’m not sure what I came up with on my own is any better.
- Alabama. Back to back 52-0 games against Arkansas. Can’t get any more consistent than that.
- Missouri. Anybody who tells you he or she saw this coming, with the possible exception of Gary Pinkel, is fibbing. And I’m not even sure I’d believe Pinkel.
- Auburn. So when does Gene Chizik step up to take credit for laying the foundation for Malzahn?
- LSU. Ah, it’s the return of the inexplicable loss under Miles. Where you been, buddy?
- Texas A&M. So that’s what the best quarterback and receiver and the worst defense in the conference gets you.
- South Carolina. Butch Jones 1, Steve Spurrier 0. That’s gotta sting a little.
- Georgia. September seems like such a long time ago.
- Florida. Gave up 500 yards to Mizzou. If the Gators can’t play defense, what have they got left?
- Ole Miss. The wildest ride in the SEC right now.
- Tennessee. I’m waiting for the Phil Fulmer retort.
- Vanderbilt. Finally got their ranked opponent scalp. But I bet that field goal attempt with 20 seconds to go in the game gets filed in the back of Mark Richt’s brain for future reference.
- Mississippi State. Not a good time to catch a bye week bounce.
- Arkansas. Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but Arky lost its last two conference games by a combined 104-7. And the Hogs still have four conference games to go, with two against ranked opponents.
- Kentucky. Seriously regrets not having Arkansas on the schedule this year.