You can find the list here. A few observations about it:
- Nicest thing: Aaron Murray being named second-team. I figured he was a long shot with all the McCarron love, but AP, you done alright here.
- Second nicest thing: Marshall Morgan makes the first team. Not to say he didn’t deserve it, but it wouldn’t have surprised me if he hadn’t.
- Try again: I know he was hurt, but I’d vote Gurley ahead of Hill. You don’t see defenses adjust their game plans for Hill the way they do for Gurley.
- Little surprise: Ramik Wilson is the only Georgia defensive player named. I thought Garrison Smith might get a nod, but no go.
- One that got away: Laremy Tunsil gets named to the second team. Damn. It’s not as if he wasn’t needed in Athens or anything…
- Head scratcher: Arkansas’ Alex Collins is named freshman of the year, but isn’t named to either the first or second teams. (I would have picked Hargreaves for that honor.)