Here are a few things I couldn’t get to earlier in the week.
- AJ McCarron claims he knew the losses were coming because some of the younger players didn’t “buy in”. I’m not sure what that has to do with letting Auburn run back a missed field goal for the game winner, but whatever. Maybe they won’t buy in this season either.
- Texas had $165.7 million in operating revenue and $146.8 million in operating expenses for 2012-13. Good Lord.
- Barrett Sallee has an interesting look at a recruiting visit to Georgia. Best thing in there is Aron White talking about his official visit being the first time he saw people eating oysters.
- “Meanwhile, the Teflon Tide keeps rolling through what’s considered a wide-ranging list of clichéd violations alleged against them.”
- Kentucky is considering plans for a brand-new, privately funded $45 million football training facility.
- Chip Towers asks the musical question “Did Georgia’s defense get better as result of Grantham’s departure?”
- Jimmy Williamson, take notes.