Clearing the decks… dig in.
- “We felt like our tight end position was really a little scary with the depth there,” coach Mark Richt said.
- To me, the most interesting aspect of the Michael Sam coming out story is whether the NFL will be able to deal with Sam’s sexual orientation as maturely as Missouri did.
- Rodney Garner complains of overcoming negative recruiting in his success in getting Dontavius Russell to flip from Georgia to Auburn.
- Good story from the Chattanooga paper on how their college football careers played out for 50 area recruits. (h/t Scorpio Jones, III)
- Bill Connelly has his first S&P+ projections for 2014. Georgia is eighth.
- I’m not sure Bret Bielema understands how recruiting rankings work. Either that, or he’s convinced he’s really, really good at finding diamonds in the rough.
- Chalk up another head coach who sees the role technology plays in recruiting these days. Mark Stoops: “I think it’s easier in some ways because of all the social media that you have,” he said.
- Junior, a look back.