- You know, there’s a guy every year who seems like he’s been around forever. My 2014 nominee for that guy is Florida’s Andre Debose, who was just granted a sixth year of eligibility.
- “I just don’t want to see any University of Alabama (logos).”
- David Ching makes a case for a guy we probably haven’t thought about much yet, tight end Jordan Davis.
- SEC basketball crowds suck. And here I thought continuously loud music packs folks in.
- So, the question becomes would college basketball be better served as a one-semester sport? What I love about this discussion is that there isn’t a single word about what fans might want, other than to blame our limited attention spans. “It is a big challenge to get people to care about college basketball when football is still being played.”
- Pittsburgh Steelers chairman Dan Rooney thinks it would be swell if college football players didn’t come out early.
- The day Georgia football almost died.
- Pretty good column in the Boston College student newspaper about March Madness: “Thanks to March Madness, regular season success is overlooked.”
- Auburn’s AD has fired the football, baseball and men’s basketball coaches he hired since 2008. Think he’s indebted to Malzahn right now?