The line is open.
- CFN thinks the Pruitt hire is swell.
- The next Georgia Tech stud is running back Travis Custis, who was a highly rated recruit in 2013 but had to sit out last season to meet NCAA eligibility requirements. I almost hope he pans out, just so he can provide a ready source to rag Tech fans about when they bring up academics.
- A new Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that a large majority of the general public opposes paying salaries to college athletes beyond the scholarships currently offered. The public is split on unionization, though. Too bad there wasn’t a poll question about players’ being compensated for their likenesses. (h/t John Infante)
- Generally, I’m not in favor of parents blocking their sons from choosing where to play college ball. But when I see a quote like this – “… It would be nice to have an offer from Oregon because of their uniforms…” – I can understand where some mommas are coming from.
- Mark Cuban can see a future when the NFL moves some of its games to Saturday. That means war!
- Hugh Freeze no doubt welcomes this development at Alabama for recruiting purposes.
- John Infante sees college football going down the same road as college basketball if the coaches don’t get their act together and come up with a more comprehensive approach to reforming recruiting rules.