Eat; you look hungry.
- StingTalk is always good for a chuckle: “We should be getting great press about how there were over 2000 people huddled under the eaves for an off season scrimmage in the middle of a 45 degree torrential downpour, which was the actual truth. That’s a positive trajectory for Tech sports.” Bless your heart.
- It occurs to me that it won’t be that hard to figure out the fair market value for college football players’ memorabilia, if it ever comes to that.
- And here’s a handy guideline to all the major stuff currently on the NCAA’s plate. Yeah, Mark Emmert can handle that.
- This is actually a pretty good idea.
- Mike Slive says nobody’s talked to him about lowering the mandatory number of varsity sports required to be a Division I program. (Jim Delany punches his speed dial after reading that.)
- Atlanta wants to host college football’s national championship game in 2018.
- Good stuff from Jeremy Fowler – anybody tells you they know what the consequences of unionization will turn out to be is making it up right now.
- Michael Elkon wonders how the mix of special admissions for college athletes, increased athletic demands on those same kids and the “scholarship ought to be compensation enough” concept can be sustained.