You still get hungry on a long holiday weekend, so here you go.
- I guess Georgia’s bad luck with offensive linemen follows some of them even after they leave. Hope he recovers.
- If I didn’t know any better, I’d suspect Kansas State was deliberately trying to provoke a challenge to the transfer rules by the way it’s handled Leticia Romero’s transfer request. A union would be worse for her, though.
- Can the early signing day for football proposal be saved?
- Now the sharks are really beginning to circle around the antitrust litigation.
- Fresno State’s Pat Hill knew what was coming a decade ago: “For Fresno State to make the cut, Hill said, the university would have to grow its fan base and invest in infrastructure (i.e. a 70,000-seat stadium) so the big boys could literally not afford to leave the Bulldogs behind.“
- At Georgia, athletics spokesman Claude Felton told the Times-Union the school is against selling alcohol at Jacksonville’s EverBank Field when the Bulldogs play Florida and “would not be in favor of alcohol sales in Sanford Stadium at this time.’’ So you’re saying there’s a chance?
- This pretty much sums things up: “The NCAA is a product of its own membership. Then again, LSU doesn’t want non-football playing Marquette to have the same voting rights when it comes to deciding how it does business.“
- “Thirty-six teams will be banned from the 2014-15 postseason because of sub-par scores on the newest Academic Progress Rate, which was released Wednesday. Not one of them comes from a power conference.”