Eh, let’s clean out the pantry.
- Gus Malzahn promises “clarity” on how he’ll use Nick Marshall in the opener. Won’t that be dependent on how much of a game Arkansas gives Auburn?
- Tennessee claims it drew 40,000 to an open scrimmage. Let’s see how they turn out in November.
- DJ Shockley is as puzzled by Georgia’s SEC championship drought as anyone: “It’s beyond amazing, and I can’t even imagine how this has happened,” Shockley said. “It’s almost like a string of bad luck. I look back at all the talent that has been there since I left and the guys that Georgia has put out, and it’s just amazing. It’s one of those things that has baffled me just like it’s baffled the fans.”
- Can you believe Will Muschamp has had a hard time recruiting élite offensive talent to Gainesville?
- Brandon Larrabee makes a solid point about how LSU does a good job surviving its NFL departures. But, man, the Tigers sure have to replace a lot of skill position experience this season.
- I don’t think it’s a good sign if Ted Roof thinks from watching Tech scrimmages one of the things his defense needs to improve is the pass rush.