Slide up and load a plate.
- Fans get to vote on where the Goodyear Blimp shows up opening weekend. Georgia vs. Clemson is one option.
- Groo has some thoughts about the Star position.
- Phil Steele, the New York Times and conference predictions.
- Paul Myerberg has Auburn at #9 on his preseason preview list. (He thinks Kansas State is more likely to beat the Tigers than Georgia.)
- It sounds like Ramik Wilson’s coaches are trying to send him a message.
- John Sununu thinks it’s time to tax college athletics.
- It’s a sign of what people think of the NCAA that some thought Oklahoma’s request for a waiver for Dorial Green-Beckham to play this season might be approved. It wasn’t.
- Think there’s much of a talent gap in the ACC? One conference coach does: “According to one ACC coach, FSU is so stocked with talent across its depth chart that he believes about half the league’s teams do not have one player who would start for Florida State this year based on what he’s seen on film.”