I thought I’d try something new – put together a list of things that might appeal to the guy or gal Dawg fan you know (or you are) for Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa or whatever floats your boat this time of year.
Here goes nothing, in no particular order of significance:
- Pyle PWMA860i Wireless and Portable PA Speaker Sound System. If you’re like me, music is a big deal at any tailgate. (One reason I no longer tailgate on North Campus.) I had a small block rocker that served me well for years, but, sadly, met its demise at this year’s Cocktail Party. Finding a replacement wasn’t easy, because there are very few powered speakers out there anymore that take iPod Classics as their music source (for one thing, Apple discontinued that product this year and, for another, going Bluetooth with your phone seems to be what all the cool kids do these days). But I did find this. It’s a little on the heavy side and a bit kludgy to operate, but the sound and the power are both good and the battery holds up fine.
- Nike Lunar TR1. I’ve linked to this product before. Tell me you don’t know at least one Dawg fan who wouldn’t like to be sporting these babies.
- Allagash White. One lesson I’ve learned as I’ve gotten older – life is too short for mediocre beer. Allagash White is a Belgian Style wit beer and it’s delicious, especially when it’s warm outside. Go ahead, class up somebody’s tailgate.
- Angel’s Envy Bourbon. And when it’s cooler? This is a great bourbon to drink neat, in the comfort of your home, at your tailgate… or for medicinal purposes, if you’re worried about how to deal with those chilly night games.
- Pennington & Bailes “Standing Bulldog” Long Sleeve Polo. Word has it I’m in line to get one of these for the holidays. Looking forward to it.
- Pennington & Bailes Georgia Polo Dress. No doubt this will look killer with a pair of boots.
- “Dooley’s Junkyard Dawgs”. The best 99 cents you could spend on iTunes.
- Onward Reserve Georgia/Florida hat. You may only wear it one weekend a year, but at least you’ll look damned good when you do.
- 1980 Dawgs Collectors Edition DVD Set. While we’re waiting for a shot at the next national title game…
- Towable Tailgates Ultimate Trailer. Okay, this one’s borderline facetious. But if one showed up in your driveway Christmas morning with a bow on it, I doubt you’d object. (Besides, you need some place to put the beer and bourbon you got, right?)
- Victory on Plains – Framed. I have one of these on the wall in my office. You should, too.
- Barrons-Hunter Red & Black. You like Georgia’s color scheme. A lot. But maybe you’d like a red and black accessory or two without a logo on it? Well, here you go.
- Behind the Hedges. Give this to somebody who is puzzled by my qualms about how Butts-Mehre operates.
- History and Reminiscences of the University of Georgia. Vince Dooley’s book would help with that, too. (Maybe not in the way Dooley intended, though.)
Whew. That should get you started. Let me know what you think.
By the way, I’d like for this to be a collaborative effort, so please add any suggestions you’re sure would be welcomed in the comments. (Don’t forget to provide links.)