Had a little trouble falling asleep last night… indigestion. While I toss and turn, the following perverse series of thoughts cross my mind:
- Mike Bobo gets the Colorado State job.
- Bobo signs a contract similar to the one McElwain signed, complete with a ginormous buyout provision.
- Bobo goes on to become a raging success as CSU’s head coach.
- Richt retires four years from now and Bobo is the obvious leading candidate to succeed him. The fan base and the money guys are united in this.
- McGarity gets embroiled in a bidding war with Jeremy Foley, who has to replace McElwain, who’s been canned for failing to get Florida back to the SECCG.
- As a result, McGarity agrees to pay CSU a $7 million buyout to sign Bobo as Georgia’s head coach – an amount that far exceeds what it would have taken to keep Bobo in Athens in the first place.
Tell me that isn’t the most Georgia Way thing ever.
I gotta cut back on the Mexican food.