The Idaho Famous Potato Bowl mascot is here to welcome you to today’s buffet.
- Bowl season kicks off with five games tomorrow.
- “Pay that man his money.” Somebody will.
- Wins cost more in the SEC.
- Georgia still has about 2,600 tickets remaining from its allotment of 8,500 that it received from the Belk Bowl. Feel the excitement!
- Tennessee discipline, same as it ever was (and ever different from Georgia’s).
- Hal Mumme reflects on another branch of his coaching tree being named the new OC at Kentucky… which somehow leads to a Beavis and Butthead reference. And why not?
- Andy Staples speaks the troof about those abominable weekly CFP selection committee shows: “Since ESPN pays about half a billion dollars a year to televise all aspects of the playoff, it expects a return on its enormous investment. The weekly rankings offer a better return, which is why they likely will stay unless the group of commissioners has significant objections.” No objection is significant enough to outweigh those checks being cashed.
- ‘Bama fan base, don’t ever change.
- Non-football, but if you haven’t seen The Colbert Report finale, do yourself a favor and do so right now.