New year, new buffet.
- John Chavis is your new Texas A&M defensive coordinator. Pay is in the Muschamp range. Sore point with LSU was a clause in Chavis’ new contract, which he never signed.
- Seth Emerson tells us something that should come as no surprise after watching the Belk Bowl.
- I admit that sometimes I’m still a sucker for the romance of college football. Jonathan Chait swoons over Michigan’s hire of Jim Harbaugh.
- Shorter Utah AD: what is this “rift” with Kyle Whittingham to which you refer?
- “But Coach,” Grange said. “You make money off of football. Why can’t I make money off of football?”
- And here’s a liberal’s criticism of this era’s head coaching salaries.
- Mark Richt had a Plan B after Mason’s Belk Bowl injury: “Then being able to react once we lost Hutson and had to go to Plan B. Plan B was kind of I guess it made it a little bit simpler. Just give it to Nick.”