Dig in. Big night ahead.
- Due to health concerns, Archie Manning isn’t sure he’ll be back on the selection committee.
- And Bill Hancock says the selection committee may meet less in 2015. Has he run that by ESPN?
- Leading the search for LSU’s next defensive coordinator are Les Miles, assistant director of football operations Dean Dingman… and Miles’ agent, George Bass.
- Don’t know if this is an outlier, an indication of how offenses have changed college football or something to do with a four-team playoff format, but stopping the run doesn’t look like it’s been a key to winning a national title this season.
- Jon Wilner estimates that the CFP has resulted in another $18.4 million for the Pac-12/$1.53 million for each of its member schools over what the BCS generated. It’s profitable to settle things on the field!
- “I played at the FBS (level), and I can honestly say the only difference between FBS and FCS is depth.”
- Chad Kelly has his second chance. SEC need, baby!