If you wonder what a wake up call from Mark Richt sounds like, here you go.
Daily Archives: April 18, 2015
Given he’s writing about a conference in which its coaches regularly bitch about how the cross-division rivalries aren’t fair and would sooner cut off an arm that go to a nine-game conference schedule, I’m not really sure why Ed Aschoff is indignant about the relative weakness of the SEC’s non-conference scheduling over the next few seasons.
Although I have to concede this is pretty special:
… Florida’s 2017 matchup with Michigan at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, will mark the first time the Gators have left their home state to play a regular-season nonconference game since going to Syracuse in 1991.
And how much of Missouri’s recent success is due to Gary Pinkel’s greatness as a coach and how much to his shrewdness as a scheduler?
A few odds and ends to get your weekend going:
- Jordan Jenkins is impressed with those “State Champ” rings Georgia Tech awarded.
- Nice, friendly spring game you got there, TCU.
- Condoleezza Rice thinks four is the right number for the CFP, and expresses pretty solid reasoning for her position. However, she’s not the one cashing the ESPN checks.
- John Swofford says about that whole three-division thingy, that Bob Bowlsby doesn’t know what he’s talking about. I bet Bowlsby gets that a lot.
- Your weekly dog bites man story.
- Bobby Petrino runs up the score on himself at Louisville’s spring game. No mention of how the former Dawgs played.
- A list of the five most overpaid head coaches in college football that doesn’t include Mark Richt? Unpossible!