And best of all, Boom signed him once already.
Daily Archives: April 19, 2015
Dig in, folks.
- Bruce Feldman talks to Jim Donnan about the state of the SEC East. No particularly earth-shattering disclosures, but I was amused to hear Donnan slip and use the word “we” once, when speaking about Georgia.
- Michigan cooks the books to keep that home attendance streak going.
- On the other hand, this is an impressive turnout.
- Granted, this is about the NFL, but it’s still a great contrarian question to ask as college defenses continue gearing up to handle the spread.
- And another question – is football going to start seeing smaller nose tackles?
- Field Street Forum asks if Jacob Eason is the next Matthew Stafford. Their answer may amuse you.
- A senior football advisor with the Patriots when they drafted Aaron Hernandez had this to say about the organization’s misgivings about his character coming out of Florida: “We knew he had some issues prior,” Reese said. “[Former Florida coach] Urban Meyer and Bill [Belichick] were very, very close, and I think Urban convinced Bill that, you know, that these things weren’t going to be an issue…” Oopsie.
… given to the former Georgia player whose spring game performance is trolled the most at GTP as proof of the staff’s inability to judge talent, is – the envelope, please – Tray Matthews!
The former Georgia safety earned MVP honors with five tackles, a forced fumble and an interception.
Congrats, Tray. I’m sure this won’t be the last time your spring game stats are mentioned here.