Eh, why not?
- Did you ever notice how good LSU is at keeping kids who repeatedly fail drug tests out of the news?
- Another player has decided to retire from the game of football due to an ongoing concussion.
- Urban Meyer and the rest of his staff are heading to a satellite camp at Florida Atlantic University in June.
- A UAB football player’s graduation protest
- John Theus says he and his mates on the line have some things to clean up this offseason.
- “One could definitely call Georgia Quarterback U. of the SEC.”
- Per Steele, this season, two teams face four opponents that have a bye week before playing them. Alabama is one.
10 responses to “Sunday afternoon buffet”
Eason has 32 TDs and only 3 interceptions. How good is that?!
Wasn’t that nice of yahoo sports to minimize the LSU DB’s multiple drug test failures by planting the seed that “multiple” may be “2”. If it had been a Georgia DB, the headline would have started with “Mark Richt has lost control of….”
If it had been Georgia, the article would have mentioned “troubled program” and “suspended for X games”, two things not written in the LSU article.
The “Bama faces 4 teams that have an off week before playing them” thing is more than just a little disingenuous. Bama plays Wisconsin on a neutral field first game of the season. BOTH teams have the previous week off–it’s the first game, man!! The ULM Warhawks have the week off before playing Bama also, but I don’t think Saba is sweating that one much. Yes, LSU has the week off before playing Bama. The thing is…so does Bama. The only grain of truth to this story is A&M does have the week off before playing Bama and Bama doesn’t–plus the game is at A&M’s place. That might give A&M an advantage. I’m betting it won’t matter.
LA Monroe, Texas AM, Tennessee, LSU. Those last 3 games are in a row, with the bye before LSU that you noted.
I only checked because I could not imagine Steele getting it that wrong.
You’re right ASEF! I missed the UT-Bama game also being one with UT having the previous week off but not Bama. Sorry for the oversight. At least Bama gets UT in Tuscaloosa. Again, I think Bama wins it without too much strain.
The bye week thing is not a big deal. We played 6 teams that had a bye-week before playing Bama in 2010 and still managed to win 10 games. Some years you get lucky with the schedule, some years you don’t.
Yeah. Thought they would love to put Georgia in that group, but I knew we played Sout….uh…nevermind.
Did the guy who called Georgia the QBU of the SEC consult the QBR stats for G-Day games? Don’t they know Richt and Bobo have no idea how to select a starting QB?
But, what kind of competition is Eason facing out there? C