Ready and steaming…
- Here’s a look at the post-spring SEC quarterback situation.
- Georgia’s incoming freshman Trent Thompson “becomes the team’s second biggest defensive lineman the minute he steps on campus.” Yeah, he’s got a good chance of playing this season.
- If you can’t get a second chance at Second Chance U, where can you?
- Florida’s Dante Fowler, Jr., on Todd Gurley: “What gets me about him is how fast he is. He’s a big guy so you would think that he’s slow, but he’s even faster in person than what he looks like on TV. We had a mean defense. We had Sharrif Floyd, Dominique Easley, Matt Elam—three first-round draft picks—and we had a top-five defense in the country. To see what he was doing to us, as a freshman, I was like, man, this guy is going to be something else.”
- The New York Times has a great piece on what’s happened to the members of the NFL’s first round draft class of 1990. It’s sad to see Ben Smith’s story.
- Nick Saban explains what up-tempo offenses have done to Alabama’s secondary, and how he’s working to fix that. (It’s been downhill since Jeremy Pruitt left.)
- Ben Jones talks about his favorite memory at Georgia, Jacob Eason, Mark Richt and more here.
- It’s insidious, but I fear I’m coming to like Jim McElwain. Bastard.