Here’s something to help fuel you through the last working day of the week:
- 247Sports thinks Georgia’s on course for a whale of a recruiting year in 2016. Of course, that was before this news broke. Which is why I don’t spend time speculating on recruits until they’re signed, sealed and delivered. Your mileage may vary, of course, which is what keeps the recruiting services in business.
- Insert “Mark Richt has lost control” snark here. (And no, there isn’t a Herbstreit reaction to the news I can point you to.)
- Jim Harbaugh isn’t going to listen to you badmouth the United States of America.
- If you don’t think the Alabama-Georgia game is going to be crazy enough already, Michael Carvell points out that that’s the most attractive home date for Jacob Eason to take his official visit.
- Sen. Claire McCaskill wants colleges to continue to make improvements in the way they handle sexual assault accusations against athletes. Look at the bright side, schools: at least somebody in Congress is paying attention to the way you run your athletics!
- Brian Schottenheimer is a big fan of Nick Chubb. Smart man.
- And Georgia has added a 22-year old linebacker with an interesting backstory as a walk-on.