Hump day. Get ‘yer buffet on.
- 100 years ago… Vanderbilt was a football powerhouse.
- Three overrated college teams, based on advanced stats – and Georgia isn’t one of them.
- Georgia opened preseason practice yesterday almost complete from a health standpoint. Amazing.
- The CFP announced yesterday that it’s expanding travel help to players’ families to cover the semifinals. That’s a nice gesture, but it’s hard to see how you square that with amateurism. Maybe someone could ask Stacey Osburn for a comment.
- Pruitt on Leonard Floyd: “So the good thing about Leonard is he can help everybody else right. Until we figure out the other pieces of the puzzle he’s gonna kind of do all three.”
- More Pruitt: “Sometimes your second team strong safety is better than your second team free safety,” defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt said. “So when you’re starting free safety gets hurt, it’s not real smart to put in the worse player.”
- Even more Pruitt: “This league is a physical league. You better be big up front. You better have big people so you can sustain over the course of the year…”
- Matt Hinton says yes, the SEC West is that good. Which makes you wonder what kind of expansion pressure will be brought to bear on the CFP if the SEC gets shut out of the semifinals because the West ate its own.
- And Grayson Lambert sees a lot of similarities between what Virginia and Georgia run in their offenses.