Bowls making you hungry? Okay.
- ESPN is reporting that Scott Cochran will be getting more than $600,000 a year to stay at Alabama. $600K for a strength coach. Jesus.
- Speaking of salaries, you’ll be pleased to know that Charlie Weis comes off the Notre Dame payroll tomorrow.
- This probably isn’t good.
- I don’t know if you watched the Holiday Bowl last night, but some kid who had two career sacks coming into the game managed three – on three straight plays. Wowser!
- “ESPN wants to dominate New Year’s Eve, much as the N.F.L. takes over Thanksgiving Day and the N.B.A. deploys five games in its bid to wrest control of Christmas from Santa Claus.”
- Nobody at The Miami Beach Edition cares, ESPN.
- Why they love bowl season: Jake Ganus confesses to eating 13 lobster tails at the bowl game dinner.
- I didn’t realize that Ivan Maisel wrote for the AJ-C. It’s something to consider how much talent came and went at that paper.