Georgia’s first spring practice under Kirby Smart kicks off tomorrow afternoon – at a temporary site, which is kind of a reminder of things to come.
In that light, what, if anything are you hoping to hear about the Dawgs this week?
A few things on my list:
- Jacob Eason’s ability to function under center. It’s a new world for him there, one he’ll have to get the hang of if he expects to take the starting job.
- Which offensive linemen meet Coach Pittman’s eye test? I don’t expect anything near a rotation to emerge in the spring. (For one thing, Tyler Catalina, who’s being counted on, won’t show up until the summer.) But I will be curious to hear which linemen are being viewed as potential contributors by their new position coach.
- Who steps up on the defensive line? Gawd knows there’s opportunity there.
- Any word on the strength and conditioning front? It seems to be a question we have every year, but with a total break from the previous S&C staff, it’s of even greater interest.
- What’s gonna replace pool day? I keed, I keed.