Fire up the chafing dishes!
- I can’t help but wonder after catching Lou Holtz’ comments about immigrants if he ever recruited soccer-style kickers who were born outside of America.
- As far as Missouri’s AD leaving for Baylor goes, it’s not like he had an easy ride where he was.
- Supposedly, Georgia’s kicking competition “isn’t deemed as concerning based on what’s transpired since the spring.”
- The Ivy League will experiment with kickoffs from the 40-yard line this season.
- Bruce Feldman lists his top ten offensive lines. Georgia’s isn’t one of them.
- My favorite bit from the Big 12 swimsuit competition so far (yeah, it’s early): “No wonder Houston board of regents chairman conducted a 1 a.m. interview Wednesday with the Houston Chronicle while on vacation in Monte Carlo.”
- Good piece from Ian Boyd on what coaches look for in picking linebackers.