Time for a little college football nosh.
- Sam Cunningham reminisces about Southern Cal’s 1970 win over Alabama.
- The death of rivalries: “Know what? The people counting the viewers and signing the massive network television deals could not care less.” True dat.
- Ole Miss bans ‘Dixie’ at home football games.
- “Before the injury, Chubb had averaged 149 yards and 1.4 touchdowns per game through five games, and that includes a 146 yards and a 7.3 yards per carry performance against Alabama. If you extrapolate those numbers across a 13-game season, Chubb finishes 2015 with 1,937 yards and 18 touchdowns.”
- Today, in Baylor, part one.
- Today, in Baylor, part two. (Friend of the blog Ed Kilgore ponders what Starr could do, now that he has some spare time on his hands.)
- If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to plan your SEC game of the week watching around matching recipes, Southern Living is there for you.