Just a few odds and ends to pick at:
- They changed officiating crews yesterday, and Nick Chubb got his ass tackled to the ground, much to the pleasure of his head coach. “He’s doing a good job. Nick’s a workhorse,” Smart said. “He works hard at it. It was wet out there. It’s tough to have a lot of speed and burst in that environment but a lot of times it’s not the fastest guy. It’s the guy who can stay on balance and body control.”
- Not so much for Sony Michel: “It’s a situation that’s in the medical hands,” Smart said. “There probably is a date where we would say `Hey, we need to know something by,’ but it’s not like Sony hasn’t played football. The biggest thing for him is going to be ball-security.”
- Elijah Holyfield joined the ranks of the wounded, damn it.
- Roquan Smith is making a move. You’ll have to pardon me if I feel a little giddy about the prospect of playing an ILB who’s not a liability in pass coverage.
- Giddy is not how I feel about the state of the place kicking team.