- “The top ten most talented teams in the country last year were Alabama, Ohio State, USC, Notre Dame, Florida State, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Texas, and Michigan.”
- You know the old joke about someone being so incompetent he could screw up a one-car funeral? That would be Rutgers’ AD.
- According to his dad, Pennsylvania’s D’Andre Swift was really impressed by the G-Day crowd: “To be able to walk into the stadium and be a part of it and walk down and watch the guys coming through the ‘DawgWalk’ and see all the tradition that Georgia has was just remarkable. I’ve never seen how a town shuts down for a game. That city is a college football town, and everybody embraces that tradition and the football program fully. That, to me, was just remarkable about Georgia in every way.” If you were there, take a bow.
- The ACC is already trying to figure out what to do if Clemson, FSU and Louisville all wind up 11-1.
- Good point in this post — if Missouri is an improved team in the SEC East, don’t forget that Florida and Tennessee both have yet to play the Tigers.
- Hugh Freeze notes one difference between Kirby Smart’s defenses at Alabama and Georgia: “He’s playing a lot more odd front. I’m sure he’s adjusting to what he thinks is best for his team. It’s been different from what we expect from them, but the results are well for him.”
- Cool game management, Clay Helton. You’re lucky Stanford didn’t have a two-point trick play up its sleeve.