A little more clarity comes every week, right? Geez, the SEC East is pretty much living down to expectations now.
- Alabama. Ole Man River just keeps rolling on.
- Texas A&M. Hey, these guys might be pretty good, y’all.
- Tennessee. Give ’em credit; once the Vols got rolling, Florida had no answer. And if they beat Georgia, that’ll probably be enough of a cushion to let them weather the storm of facing nos. one and two in the coming weeks.
- Ole Miss. Remember the days when it was the other teams that called off the dogs after being up 45-0?
- Florida. Fifth? Eh, I guess so.
- Arkansas. Back to earth, with a thud.
- Auburn. Winning with defense and a field goal kicker… when did Gus morph into Tuberville?
- LSU. Was there a more fitting way for Les Miles to go than mismanaging the clock in a loss?
- Mississippi State. Really didn’t do anything special in beating UMass, but I figure they deserve the benefit of the doubt for being in the West.
- Georgia. I wonder how many other P5 teams are 3-1 with a minus-20 in point differential.
- Missouri. I bet the Tigers are feeling pretty bummed about that Georgia loss right now.
- Kentucky. Look who climbed out of the cellar!
- South Carolina. With that loss to Kentucky, the chances for bowl eligibility have been reduced to somewhere between slim and none. And you know the old joke about slim.
- Vanderbilt. Bowl eligibility? What’s that?