Opening day of practice means there are plenty of tidbits to share:
- Get ‘yer new players’ jersey numbers here.
- Booch on new graduate transfer Shaq Wiggins: “I love Shaq, but Shaq’s got a long way to go in terms of the intangibles, our practice habits, our style of play, working through some things,” Jones said. “But I know this about Shaq: He’s very prideful, he’s very willing and he wants to do it.” It’s the beginning of a bee-yoo-tee-full friendship, I tells ‘ya.
- In case you didn’t get the subtle message, Akhil Crumpton’s been assigned Isaiah McKenzie’s number 16.
- It’s the first day of practice, so of course the quotes reflect the usual hunger, happy talk and anti-hype.
- If you think fall practice is starting earlier than before, you’re not alone. It’s the fallout from the new two-a-days ban. Many coaches are unhappy about that, and, surprisingly, they have a point.
- Roll ‘Bama Roll grades the SEC’s non-conference schedules. Not surprisingly, ‘Bama is graded on a bit of a curve, but overall, pretty solid analysis.
- Player weights here. Note that Chubb and Michel have dropped a few pounds.
- Read the comments about how Georgia would have used 2018 o-line commit Warren Ericson five years ago versus now.