Can’t add that ninth conference game, though. No way.
Daily Archives: August 23, 2017
Georgia has three players on each of the first and second teams and two on the third. Alabama, for comparison sake, has nine on the first team alone. Still got some catching up to do, Kirby.
This may be the most perfect marriage of beer and university yet.
I don’t think the school currently allows beer sales in the stadium, but I imagine until then, it’ll do fine at tailgates.
If you’re wondering about the transition from Tracy Rocker to Tray Scott…
Entering his second year, Rochester believes he has improved his footwork and hand placement while in his stance. It has become a key focus for Rochester and his teammates on the line as it is the specialty of Scott.
Scott joined the program in February after Tracy Rocker was let go after National Signing Day for an undisclosed reason. It may have not been a challenge to welcome a new coach, but Rochester did have to adjust to Scott’s style, which differed from Rocker.
David Marshall agreed after also being a significant contributor as a freshman.
“He’s a technician, and he’s probably the most technique-based coach I’ve met in my life,” Rochester said. “He preaches it. He knows we have the talent and skills to make plays, but it’s all about the technique — making things more efficient and make more plays.”
Happy talk for now, but I’d love to be proven wrong when they hit the field.
Hot, steaming chafing dishes… yum.
- Georgia’s young defensive linemen are “hungrier” this season.
- Unbridled optimism, part one: Pete Fiutak has Georgia going 10-2, beating Florida and winning the SEC East on the tiebreaker with the Gators. I’ll take that, happily.
- Unbridled optimism, part two: Barrett Sallee ups that by predicting that Georgia wins the damned conference. I’d take that, too, except I can’t quite wrap my brain around it.
- “I think Tennessee is headed in the right direction, a statement I won’t make for Georgia and Florida.” There’s always somebody.
- What makes a great college offensive line? That’s something every Georgia fan would like to know.
- Something else Sallee is bullish on: “That will change, though, because the SEC is about to be hit with an offensive explosion in 2017.” I’ll believe it when I see it.
- Bill Connelly gets deep in the weeds with this post about big plays, but the tl;dr summary is this: “Efficiency is everything in college football. Explosiveness is too random to rely on without efficiency.”
- “We’re the leading edge of a much larger iceberg when it comes to what’s coming in youth athletics.”
- This made me laugh.