The opener is coming. You should work up an appetite with a few nourishing tidbits.
- Here’s College Football News’ look at Appalachian State.
- The genius doesn’t want to be left out of the depth chart games.
- More Notre Dame preseason happy talk, this time about its new defensive coordinator.
- Gary Danielson discusses a few SEC teams.
- According to Brian Fremeau’s FEI ratings projections, it’s Alabama’s and Ohio State’s world, and the rest of college football is just living in it.
- Thanks for showing up: “Appalachian State coach Scott Satterfield gets a $10,000 bonus if his squad plays a Power Five team at that team’s stadium, which the Mountaineers will do Saturday at Georgia in exchange for $1.25 million.”
- I’d say there was much rejoicing in the Blankenship house yesterday, except Kirby is still hedging on the scholarship.