Several of you mentioned the video clip of the highlights from last week’s Notre Dame-Temple game. Here it is in all its glory:
Certainly it’s truncated, but there are a few observations worth sharing.
- If there’s one thing you can see over and over, it’s that Temple’s defense needs to work hard on tackling fundamentals. If Georgia whiffs as much as the Owls did, it’s going to be a long afternoon.
- Wimbush looks exactly like you’d expect an inexperienced quarterback with a load of physical talent to look. Keep him in the pocket should be the day’s mantra.
- I really like Notre Dame’s tailbacks, though. Might as well face the reality that they’re gonna bust a few good runs.
- And, yeah, that offensive line is pretty damned big. They also had a nice uncalled hold that sprung Wimbush for Notre Dame’s first touchdown.
- Hard to draw a lot of conclusions about ND’s defense. Temple appeared to move the ball in spots, but not consistently. How much of that was due to the defense and how much to a quarterback that had almost no playing experience is hard to say.